1. What is the purpose of the mission trip?
There are four key purposes:
- join with Bloom Phnom Penh and Blossom Siem Reap in ministering to victims of trafficking
- help you to discover your place in God’s plan
- support and bless the staff at Bloom and Blossom
- minister and bless the precious girls at Bloom and Blossom and those you will meet in other ministry opportunities offered on the trip.
2. Who is the team leader?
Susan Elsmore is team leader, assisted by Sonia Hoppe.
3. What countries/cities will be visited?
The team will visit Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in Cambodia.
4. What are the approximate dates of the trip, including the length of time?
The trip will run for 14 days in July 2015.
5. What existing indigenous agencies, organisations and/or churches is the team visiting?
The team will visit Bloom and New Life Church in Phnom Penh, and Blossom in Siem Reap.
There may also be opportunity to visit the International Justice Mission, AIM and Hope International College, all in Phnom Penh.
6. What organisation is endorsing the trip?
Gateway Baptist Church.
7. Are there selection criteria for team members?
This is a women-only team, and selection is by application and interview
8. What is the maximum number of team members allowed?
The team will comprise between eight and ten members.
9. What is the approximate financial commitment for the trip?
The approximate cost of the trip is $3,000.
10. What is the time commitment for team preparation, prayer and debrief?
There will be 8–10 meetings, initially held monthly and then fortnightly closer to departure. Approximately two weeks after your return, there will be a meeting for debriefing and review.
You will also be required to commit to prayer for your team and this ministry, and to enlist the prayer support of others.